Saturday, November 16, 2013

NAILTHINS and MANISKINS review!

Hey there everyone, today I have some awesome things to show you called NAILTHINS and MANISKINS. I'm going to start by explaining a bit of what NAILTHINS are, these are super thin nail art decals that don't require water or heat to use. You simply cut out your design and peel it away from the backing, then apply to your previously polished and completely dried nails. After applying and getting it just where you want it, you should make sure that there is at least a 1 mm border away from your cuticle. After getting it where you want it and smoothing it out and pressing it down well you cut away any excess that sticks off your nail, then you file around any edges that the NAILTHIN meets in a downward motion,and gently back and forth around the cuticle. Then smooth it down again. After that you apply 2 coats of you favorite top coat and voila done! You can check out her instructional videos for both the full nail wraps (MANISKINS) and the regular NAILTHINS at: www.youtube.com/user/NAILTHINS.  Also, there are over 180 different designs available and each generally come with 20 decals per sheet for $3.75, some will have an assortment of sizes on the sheet. Now for the sharing of what I received and what I thought! First I will show you the Raven Feather design which I absolutely love. After the first finger and watching the video I think I did a pretty decent job and they lasted for a week! Which is awesome for me, because I work in a nursing home so there is tons of hand washing taking place!
Next I tried out the Peacock Feather design, which is my absolute favorite! And I had just as great an experience with these. Now due to how curved and small my nails are I did have slight increasing on my thumb but nothing major and it so did not take away from the overall awesomeness of the look.


This is actually the first one that I tried and you will be able to see my mess ups and why you need to be absolutely certain your polish is completely 100% dry. This is one of her Swirl designs. I still wore it for about 3 days even though I kinda messed up. It still looked pretty good, but with the close up of the camera you can see better that it wasn't dry and messed up a little bit causing some bubbles on the edges.
Last but definitely not least the Pink Camo MANISKIN (full wrap). Which I used on my toes and am still rocking 3 weeks later. I applied these over Essence Modern Romance (a light shimmery pink). These are super cute and way fun! The instructions make them seem harder to apply than they really are, as long as you follow the instructions it's really quite easy. Pardon my not so cute toes, but the punk camo makes them super awesome! I did have a few wrinkles, but I'm quite sure it's harder to get them perfect on toes than it would be fingers!





I hope you enjoyed this post and found some fun new decals, you can find NAILTHINS on, etsyfacebookweb page, and youtube. Please come back again soon to see what else I have lined up for you. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to smile, you never know whose looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment