Sunday, December 2, 2012

Review of TreasuresByTan: Carousel Pony, Cotton Candy, and Enchanted Evening

Today I have another newer (at least to me) Indie brand, TreasuresByTan.  There are some extremely pretty polishes in her shop, here are the 3 that I chose for this round :) There will have to be more purchases of course, because she now has a really excellent looking Christmas collection (click here to see them).  Okay anyway I got Carousel Pony, Cotton Candy, and Enchanted Evening (has shredded glitter!).  I am going to start out with Carousel Pony, this has a creamy sort of eggshell colored base with pearl finished yellow square glitters, pearl finished light purple hex glitters, and pearl finished yellow micro glitters.  It is sooo pretty! I didn't have any problems with this polish at all. No curling, no globs, no dragging, or dripping. Dry time was great.




I have on 2 coats of Carousel Pony, no undies. It has excellent coverage and great glitter application. I didn't have to fish for it or anything like that. it just came out on the brush and went right on.





Here is the close up of the thumb shot. You can see how the yellow and purple glitters really look wonderful together in this eggshell/off-white base.




Here's a bottle shot for you, sorry that it's a little bit fuzzy.




 Here's another bottle shot so that you can see the super super cute labels that she uses. Now keep in mind this is a mini bottle of polish. These super cute butterfly labels are so small, but so fun! I really love them :)






Next I have for you Cotton Candy.  Cotton Candy has a very light pink base with purple pearl tint in it and small light blue pearl squares, along with light blue micro glitter. Again I had no problems with this polish either.


Here is the up close thumb shot.  I have on 2 coats here to achieve this look. I really love this polish it definitely makes me think of cotton candy with it's beautiful pale colors.

Like I said I didn't have any issues with this polish. No curling glitters or anything like that.




My camera washed out the bottle shot a bit, but you still get the idea of the polish. 



This is a great polish, wonderful dry time. And it's such a wonderful color combination that I think everyone should have it to remind them of their childhood :)








Last but definitely not least I have Enchanted Evening. This has a sheer shimmery green base with metallic green squares and silver shredded glitter.





Here is the close thumb shot so you can see the great shimmer in this polish along with the awesome silver shredded glitter and the beautiful metallic green squares.


The bottle shot so you can see just how packed full of wonderful glitter this polish is. 


Here are some places to find TreasuresByTan:
Facebook, Twitter, and on their etsy shop.

I have on 3 coats to build up to this opacity. I really love this and it definitely has enchanting color. Again with this polish there are no issues. No curling, no clumping, no problems!

This is definitely a new brand that I recommend to each and everyone of you. She also carries body spray, lotion, lip balm, glosses, and other gorgeous homemade things. She sent me a lip balm unfortunately my kids stole it from me and used it all so it must have been good! It definitely smelled like cotton candy, since I could smell it all over them :)

I hope you enjoyed this post and come back again to see what else I have lined up for you. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to smile, you never know whose looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment